This mission is set to make European cities safer by:
- Seeing cities through the eyes of women and young people and as such, planning and shaping urban landscapes to ensure they feel more secure.
- Putting money in the hands of those who know the problems best. “Participatory budgeting” would allow the local community to spend municipal funds where it is most needed.
- Adopting a holistic approach to diversity policy in consultation with as many communities and stakeholders as possible in order to minimise exclusion and foster social cohesion among different societal groups.
- Establishing community centres as local contact points in case of natural disasters or other failures of critical infrastructure.
- Adopting a zero tolerance to violence. This involves further restriction of illegal weapons, increasing international police cooperation and tackling transnational criminal enterprises.